Monday, August 13, 2012

Debut Cake - Pink Chanel Classic Caviar Flap Bag

I love making Chanel Classic Caviar Flap Bag cake, probably because I am used to it now. I think this is my 5th Chanel bag cake. Yen Yen, a friend of my classmate from high school,  asked me to make a cake for her cousin's 18th birthday.

Here's some photos of the process of the making of the cake. (Pardon me if it's not too detailed, I was trying to meet the deadline while doing this.) 

First, I baked 2 pans of chocolate cake in 10x10x2 size and then refrigerated it overnight so that it will be easy to cut and assemble.

This is how it looked when I cut and stacked the cake. By the way, the filling is chocolate ganache. In case you are wondering how this cake stays upright, I inserted 3 bubble tea straw. They can be purchased in local groceries or baking-specialty stores.
stacked cake to form a bag

Then I covered it with buttercream icing and then the pink MMF.I wasn't able to document the making of the chain strap. I was in the zone and I kinda forgot that I am supposed to take picture of it. I will maket up for it if I get a chance to make another cake like this.

cake covered in buttercream

front view

back view

All in all, it took me 6 hours to finish this cake, from stacking, filling, covering it with buttercream and MMF, quilting, adding of the chain strap and the text.

Here are some pictures of the finished cake:

Chain strap and lock

side view
 
front view


top view

front view
Happy 18th Birthday Dayan! I'm not sure if you get the chance to view this post. Hope you had blast on your birthday.







xoxo,
MM

2 comments: